Chanakyaniti – Rules to live by – Chapter 10
Chanakyaniti is rules to live by. Chanakya niti outline the guideline about how to behave in different scenarios.
- A man without money is not poor in comparison to a man without knowledge.
- A person must walk with his eyes open, must drink clean water, speak words of wisdom, and must perform an action only after thinking about pros & cons.
- A crow can eat anything, a poet is capable of imagining anything, a woman can do anything, and a drunkard can say anything.
- If you are looking for knowledge then give up the hope of finding comfort. (Maybe, after getting Wisdom … lol )
- Fate plays a significant role in the life of a person. It can turn a king to beggar and vice-versa.
- A greedy person consider beggars to be his enemy, a woman with loose character considers her husband as an enemy, and a thief considers the moon to be his enemy. In the same manner, a fool treats the person who advises him.
- Chanakya says … who don’t have knowledge, who don’t perform good deeds, don’t do charity, are not kind, lack in politeness, and are not merciful; are not humans, but beasts.
- As per Chanakya Niti, it is a waste to advise some foolish person. Your words won’t change the person’s nature. Like the fragrant wind passing through a forest of sandalwood does not make any impact on the odor of a bamboo tree.
- Like a blind person cannot utilize a mirror. In the same manner, a foolish person cannot benefit from books.
- Chanakya says that it is better to live in a forest with wild beasts, it is better to consume wild berries, it is better to sleep on the bed of thorns than living in poverty with your kith and kins.
- One must protect the root, If the root is destroyed then the tree will fall.
- Different kinds of birds come together on a tree to spend the night and then they fly away in all directions in the morning. One must not regret about his or someone’s separation from family.
- The power of the brain is supreme and physical strength comes afterward. You must be aware of the story of a lion who was killed by a rabbit.
- The whole world is like a family and Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi are like parents to all of us.