Chanakyaniti – Rules to live by – Chapter 14
Chanakyaniti is rules to live by. Chanakya niti outline the guideline about how to behave in different scenarios.
- In this world, there are only three real gems. They are water, food grains, and good language. On the other hand, fools confuse gems with stones.
- Poverty, diseases, conflicts, and other problems in life are nothing, but the fruits from the tree of one’s own misdeeds.
- You can earn money after losing it, you can make new friends, and also you can get another wife, but this is not the case with the body. [take good care of your health]
- Numerous straws reunite together to frame a thatch to provide protection against rain. In the same manner, when men unite together to form an army they can easily vanquish the enemy.
- The following have a great tendency to spread. They are oil on water, a secret told to a man of unjust character, a donation to a worthy man, and the knowledge of a wise man. [Yep! oil spreads on the surface of the water, a wicked person will reveal your secret to everyone, a donation to right kind of person will add to your glory, and a wise man keeps on learning throughout his life.]
- One becomes very enlightened and awake after listening to the religious talks, on attending some funeral, and on falling sick severely. [Most of the men remember God only when in pain… lol]
- Normally, a man regrets upon his act of sin after accomplishing it. If same wisdom is shown before performing the action, then the man will definitely attain Nirvana.
- There is no need to get satisfied with knowledge, acts of charity, politeness, penance, and worldly wisdom. As this world is full of such gems and you cannot get enough of them. [ there is always a scope for doing better and becoming better.]
- If someone lives in the heart of someone then distances don’t matter. On another hand a person who has no place in the heart doesn’t matters, even upon being physically near.
- It will be good if you remain at a safe distance from the king, fire, and women. Also, don’t stay too far from them otherwise, you will get deprived of the rewards. [… maintain the balance in life]
- One must cautiously deal with fire, woman, fool, snake, and members of royalty. They may prove fatal.
- Only a capable man who lives life as per principles of religion is alive in real senses. If not, then the person is living a life of no use.
- A really wise man is an expert in the art of speaking, he talks as per situation, speak the words that add to his fame, and shows anger in accordance with the authority he possesses.
- The three views of three beings for a very beautiful woman. She will be equivalent to a corpse for some Yogi, a lustful man will consider her as an object of desire, and for a dog she will be nothing more than a big lump of meat. [… contains very deep meaning. Discretion advised]
- A wise man will never reveal his secret to anyone. He won’t discuss formula of his secret medicine, his religious resolves, problems in the family, consumption of bad food, and his sexual acts. Also, he will not indulge himself in such discussions. (especially the ill talks about others)
- A cuckoo bird will not sing until the arrival of spring i.e. there is a right time for performing every task.
- O Man ! you must leave the company of wicked people and must come closer to noble fellows. You must do good deeds all day and night with faith in God because this world will perish one day.