Chanakyaniti – Rules to live by – Chapter 5
Chanakyaniti is rules to live by. Chanakya niti outline the guideline about how to behave in different scenarios.
- Infatuation is the biggest disease and greed is the worst enemy of an individual. Anger is the most damaging fire and among all possessions knowledge is supreme.
- The test for purity of gold is performed by rubbing, heating, pounding and cutting. Similarly, the true characteristic of a person are revealed at the time of intense trouble. His manners, voice and actions will reveal a lot about him.
- Everyone is likely to face troubles in life and even wise men fear from them. Anyhow, a really wise man deals with trouble wholeheartedly and boldly upon its arrival.
- Children born from same mother and also under same stars; might differ in their characteristics. The example is a Ber tree having sweet fruits as well as painful thorns on it.
- Administrators are corrupt in some or other manner. The person who preens is likely to be romantic. A foolish cannot be a polite talker and a frank person faces difficulty in telling lies.
- Fools envy wise men, poor is with rich. In the same manner prostitutes are jealous of pious ladies.
- The best way to sabotage knowledge is to remain idle. Women [men as well!] looking for other man will also face destruction. Also, you cannot gain a good harvest by sowing less seeds.
- After execution of the commander his army becomes ineffective.
- Those persons will be cursed who make fun of knowledge-full people. Who disrespect the rituals stated in scriptures, and who wrongfully accuse a serene person. They will suffer for sure.
- Charity puts an end to poverty, knowledge to ignorance. good behaviour eliminates most of troubles, and devotion in God marks an end to all fears.
- For a person with absolute knowledge, heaven is of least significance. A true warrior gives a little importance to his life. For a true sage woman is of no use, and for a person with control on his desires the whole world looses its significance.
- Skill is like the best friend in foreign territories. A woman with good nature is truly the best friend of a man. Similarly. the medicine is a friend to a sick person and charity is in the next world.
- Rain over ocean, giving help to capable, and lightening a lamp in daylight are nothing but the useless acts.
- Rain water is purest of all and in same manner Will-power is the mightiest of all powers.
- Poor men desire for money. animals desire power of speech. men desire for heaven while angels desire for Nirvana.
- Truth keeps the earth in its place, truth is responsible for wind to blow. truth makes sun shine and It’s the primary force for existence of everything.
- Money comes and goes, so is the youth. Life goes and goes the soul, Nothing lasts forever. Only thing that stays firm is your faith.